1.18.2010

When I was little, my mom would call me into the living room, "Gina, you have to watch this!" and on the screen, there would be this crazy guy dressed in a grey suit and red bow-tie talking to a chair. I was so drawn to it, the old cartoons..even the crazy instructional videos from the 60s...and as I got older and understood more of the 'mature' jokes...it still remained a core part growing up for me...screaming at the secret word every morning or trying to make ice cream soup... never did I think I was going to get to relive those moments some 13 years later. Being in a room where other people shared the same experiences as I had was even greater...everything about it was amazing. And afterwards, when the adorible shy little boy walked right up to peewee and gave him a hug, it was as if the hug was from all of us. I know this is sappy and gay but to see an icon who everyone thought had been gone forever and then see a room full of people, young and old, who had grown up with him, shouting "we love you, peewee!" shows that he will totally live on for generations. Meka leka hi, meka hiney ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment