4.08.2010

To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Something I wrote when I should have been paying attention in anthropology class:

Are you happy with yourself?
Do you see what you've become and are you pleased?
You must enjoy this meaningless path you've chosen.
It's easy when all of your worries are fabricated, isn't it?

And what of your creations?
Have they not melted away along with your personality?
Is it easier when you have no use for your brain?
It was a burden anyways!
Maybe you can keep it in a jar once it's removed.
Put it on a chain and hang it around your neck, maybe you will start a new trend.
Can you picture it?
It's all the rage up there, isn't it?

And what of your personality?
Can we not cut it out and sew it up?
Mangle it and tear it until you have something to wear to that show on Friday.
Something that all your friends will adore.
They will be SO jealous.

And what of your sense of self?
You know, the thing that separates you from others?
Well we can just toss that aside.
Or maybe recycle it.
Cook it up and eat it. (It's vegan, right?)
It will give you the energy you need
While you drink cheap booze and pretend to be important.

I'm the same way, you know.
I used myself up a while ago and now I'm a hollow shell.
But that's okay because everyone loves me.
They all laugh at my jokes and respect my opinions.
They all wish to be me.
You'll get here soon enough, though. I swear.
I'll take you shopping, I know some great vintage places!
You have to trade your soul in to buy their clothes, but,
You weren't using it anyways, right?

Really, I hope you're happy. I really do.
________________________________________________

Here are somethings I've been making:



They aren't very impressive
But it's a start, again.





Lastly:
I know I'm a tad late to jump on this bandwagon
But I think the first exposure I had to his music scared me because it was so crazy. It was the craziest think I had ever heard.
I also think it's because I was played the extremely technical jazz stuff. Being someone who isn't a huge music nerd, it didn't appeal to me at all. (The person who was playing it WAS an extremely huge music nerd.)
But then I heard this album, and I love every second of it.
Also, every time I listen to it, I picture the entire thing as an epic cartoon.

I want to make this cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment